The position of the Equality Officer is founded on the principles of respect and appreciation for others - a mainstay of the University’s mission statement. Our responsible and integrated actions are guided, in particular, by our promotion of diversity and respect for diversity.
The Equality Office helps to create and strengthen awareness for equal treatment for all and the practice of equality throughout the University. It provides advice and support, information and courses for students and employees at Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences.
The following services are available:
Support and advice
- Independent support and advice for complaints about unfair treatment at the University on account of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, religious beliefs, etc.
Information and resources
- General information and resources in the areas of equal treatment, gender, diversity
- Information for steering committees
- Information for childcare facilities
- Supplementary lectures and seminars
- Topic proposals for bachelor’s and master’s theses
- Literature recommendations
- Promotion of expertise in the areas of equal treatment, gender, diversity through work- shops, lectures, discussion events etc.
- Initiation of and collaboration on gender and diversity projects
- Language guidelines and support on how to apply them