Organisation and Operation
Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences (Fachhochschule Vorarlberg GmbH) was founded in November 1997. The sole shareholder of this non-profit limited liability company is the State of Vorarlberg. The corporate bodies of the Company are the Executive Director and the Supervisory Board. As one of the first university of applied sciences in Austria, Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences was awarded university status on 1 October 1999. The University is operated according to business principles.
A University Council was established to oversee the organization and holding of instruction and examinations. The head of the Council is the Rector.
The Managing Director is responsible for the running and representation of the Company. He/she acts independently of the Supervisory Board and the General Assembly, except for matters that fall under the jurisdiction of these two bodies.
The responsibilities of the Managing Director are:
- The formulation of general business guidelines
- The setting of strategic objectives
- The development of an annual business plan and three-year plans
- Human resource management (HRM)
- Research and development (R&D), including the evaluation of research projects
- The education and professional development of staff
- Event organization
- Cooperation with other educational institutions and business and industry
- Public relations (PR)