- Research Centre for Society and socio-economics
The research focus on society and socio-economic development complements the direction of the FH Vorarlberg in that it extends the research and development components technology, commerce and design by adding and integrating the social aspect too. The aim is to extend empirical social and commercial research and development competence to the areas described below in order to benefit and use these for Vorarlberg and the European region Lake Constance. For this purpose research and development projects from the socio-economic and commercial departments for NGOs, companies and other regional stakeholders in society are implemented (e.g. for local authorities, public administration, labour organisations, business organisations, labour market services and other associations).
- Evaluation of the junior doctor training programme
- Evaluation of the Vorarlberg alcohol prevention program "fun in moderation"
- Jointly working on the project "Vision Rheintal"
- Evaluation of the personnel and organisational development "perceiving corporate culture"
- Evaluation of childcare Altach
- Evaluation of migration-specific prevention project "Anababa"
- Evaluation of accident prevention for small children
- Questionnaire to staff in Vorarlberg care homes
Products and services
The research focus comprises:
- Methods of empirical social research and opinion poll research,
- Structure and process analyses in organisations and local units,
- Setting up development models,
- Implementation of model projects,
- Evaluation, evaluation and research and supporting model projects
Social processes and structures are examined, analysed and developed in empirical projects in order to promote socio-economic thinking and action. In addition to this internal research and development projects are carried out by the Rector's office and/the management who are interested in university specific target group research (e.g. university entrance holder examination and analysis, student evaluation).