MBA-Part in Cheltenham
The MBA-course requires that further modules have to be covered and the preparation of an MBA-Thesis is mandatory. The associate University concerned will define the specifications in each particular case. Successful participants will receive the academic degree of Master of Business Administration (MBA) as conferred by the partner university concerned.
The MBA-course at the University of Gloucestershire Business School is organised as a flexible part-time study ( Two one-week-trips ; modules of instruction and self-study plus production of the Master-Thesis ) and lasts about 12 months (part-time).
The Business School extends a warm and friendly welcome to prospective students from all walks of life. With origins dating back to 1834, today it is a major school with approximately 2400 students and over 90 academic staff.
Offering a wide range of courses, The School aims to support its students in developing the professional and personal skills they need to succeed in today’s dynamic and diverse world of business.
Many of the staff are actively involved in research and enterprise activities in the areas they teach and also work in partnership with industry in collaborative activities. This means the university supports and learns from a variety of organisations, and can ensure that our teaching is relevant and up-to date.
The University of Gloucestershire Business school aim to:
- Develop the individual
- Improve business practice
- Extend knowledge
The vision is of engaged scholarship that contributes directly to the vitality of the management disciplines.
The Campus - The Park
The Business School is based at The Park in 24 acres of parkland that used to be a Victorian pleasure garden and has been described as one of the most beautiful college sites in the country. Beautiful green surroundings, wonderful trees and a lake create a relaxed community feel on the campus. The buildings add to the unique atmosphere with its combination of contemporary and traditional – historic villas, award-winning modern architecture and cutting edge computer labs.
The Park is situated less than ten minutes walk from Montpellier and the Bath Road with its numerous shops, restaurants, bars, banks, cafes and just 15 minutes walk from the lively and cosmopolitan centre of Cheltenham.Excellent facilities are available on site:
- 24 acres of landscaped grounds and gardens
- Refectory open every day during term time
- Launderette and shop, Playing fields & tennis courts
- Students' Union building and bar
- JobShop, Medical Centre, Student Helpzone
- Specialist computing laboratories for language learning and multimedia
- Well-equipped teaching rooms
- Learning Centre providing a vast range of paper-based and on line resources
- 5 modern halls of residence with en-suite accommodation (with more halls just a 10 minute walk away)
- Study bedrooms with broadband Internet access
- Excellent work based learning team providing interesting, relevant and paid work placement opportunities with organisations
Modules Contents are the following
- Research methods
- Corporate Strategy
- Plus option modules (e.g. Marketing Strategy, Operations Strategy, Managing Innovation etc.).
- Methods of Enquiry
- Plus option modules (e.g. Entrepreneurship, The role of FDI in emerging markets, Downsizing etc.).
The actual tuition fee for the course at the University of Gloucestershire Business School are GBP 2,920. Course documentation and examination fees are included in these amounts. Costs of travel and accommodation must be payed in addition and settled directly. Graduates of the MBA-course can apply for a Ph.D. study programme.