|Sustainable Energy Systems
|Type of degree
Summer Semester 2024
|Course unit title
|Course unit code
|Language of instruction
|Type of course unit (compulsory, optional)
|Teaching hours per week
|Year of study
|Level of the course / module according to the curriculum
|Number of ECTS credits allocated
|Name of lecturer(s)
With the Master's thesis, students work on an academic basis on a subject with a certain degree of innovation. The work takes place on their own. The supervisor offers guidance during the development of the thesis and is the contact person for open questions.
With the Master's thesis, students demonstrate not only the success of their education, but also their ability to work independently, completely and comprehensively on a scientific basis on a subject with a certain degree of innovation. The students can
- analyse a problem on a scientific basis and compare it with the current state of the art.
- describe the objectives of a research project, define the problem and formulate it as a research question.
- carry out scientific research independently.
- select a methodology and implement it to answer the research question.
- scientifically prepare and describe the results obtained.
- evaluate the results obtained and present them in relation to the starting point and the current state of the art.
- document their own work and conclusions in the form of a written master's thesis.
The written Master's thesis is reviewed and evaluated by the supervisor of the FH Vorarlberg.
Individual depending on the topic. For general literature on writing a master thesis see the recommended literature in the course Seminar Master Thesis.