Data protection information about list of contact persons in case of COVID-19 infection
With the collection of contact persons at Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences (FH Vorarlberg) in case of confirmed COVID-19 infection, the processing of personal data is connected. In this process, the data of the contact persons is collected to the extent necessary and the contact persons are informed that they have had contact with a person suffering from COVID-19. Unless otherwise specified by the authorities, the name of the sick person is not mentioned to the contact persons. In principle, the highest discretion is maintained.
- Purpose: to prevent the spread of Covid-19 and the infection of employees; to inform persons who might be affected by COVID-19 infection; documentation of crisis measures.
- Stored data: Names of the infected person and contact persons, last date of contact, place of contact
- Legal basis: Legitimate interest of the FH Vorarlberg and of third parties pursuant to Article 6(1)(f) DSGVO, which lies in taking precautionary measures for safety and health on the basis of the existing duty of care towards employees and students, in preparing the intended documentation of the company contact history of the sick employee(s) and in being able to make the legally required reports to health authorities quickly and effectively.
- Storage location: HR department or systems of the HR department
- Duration of storage: the stored data will be destroyed or made anonymous if the purpose of processing no longer applies.
- Rights of data subjects: You have the right of access, rectification, cancellation, restriction of processing, opposition and appeal, under the conditions set out in the relevant provisions.
- Responsible for data processing: Fachhochschule Vorarlberg GmbH
- Data protection officer: email@example.com
- Further information on data protection can be found here: www.fhv.at/datenschutz
This text is published in German and English. In case of ambiguities or disputes the German version shall be binding.