We handle your personal data carefully and conscientiously. When processing data, we observe the legal national and European data protection regulations.
Purpose of data processing and data categories:
Exhibitors: We automatically process those personal data that you provide to us for the implementation of the virtual trade fair, the provision of the virtual trade fair stand, as well as the related organizational activities (company name, company address, data contact person, contact data, authentication data, data in connection with the invoice and payment, usage data, e.g. log files).
Visitors: We automatically process those personal data that you provide to us during registration for the implementation of the virtual trade fair as well as the related organizational activities (names, contact data, authentication data, usage data, e.g. log files).
FH Vorarlberg is not responsible for those personal data that visitors* provide directly to exhibitors.
The following applies to both categories:
Data for the analysis of usage data is processed. Insofar as analysis and optimization cookies are used, the consent of the users is obtained.
Exhibitors: You provide us with the data on the legal basis of Art. 6 para 1 lit. b) DSGVO for the performance of the contract concluded with you.
The provision of this data is not required by law, but is necessary for the performance of the contract. If you do not provide us with your personal data, participation in the virtual trade fair is not possible.
Visitors: Data processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para 1 lit. f) DSGVO and is based on the legitimate interest of FH Vorarlberg to enable the error-free operation of the website by collecting web server log files and to track illegal behavior. This data processing for the provision of the homepage is absolutely necessary for the operation of the website. The use of the live chat Tawk.to is optional and voluntary. With its use, you declare your consent (Art. 6 para 1 lit. aI DSGVO) to this data processing. You can find more information on this below.
The following applies to both categories:
Insofar as usage data is processed to optimize the online offer, this is done on the basis of the legal provisions of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f (legitimate interest) of the DSGVO. Our concern in terms of the DSGVO (legitimate interest) is the optimization of our online offer and our web presence. Since the privacy of our visitors is important to us, the data that may allow a reference to an individual person, such as the IP address, login or device identifiers, are anonymized or pseudonymized as soon as possible. No other use, combination with other data or transfer to third parties will take place. You can object to this data processing at any time without adverse consequences.
Insofar as analysis and optimization cookies are used, explicit consent is obtained separately in advance. If this is the case and you consent, cookies will be used to enable statistical coverage analysis of this website, measurement of the success of our online marketing measures, and test procedures, for example, to test and optimize different versions of our online offering or its components.
The provision of this data is neither legally nor contractually required. In the event that you do not wish to provide us with this data, we request that you do not access our homepage and do not visit the virtual trade fair.
Xing Events registration tool: Registration for the virtual trade fair is carried out using Xing Events. For this purpose, personal data will be transmitted to Xing Events GmbH, or to New Works SE, each with its registered office at Dammtorstraße 30, 20354 Hamburg, Germany. The following types of data will be transmitted:
Exhibitors: Salutation, title, name and company, e-mail address, password, other data that you disclose to us.
Visitors: Salutation, title, name and company, e-mail address, other data that you disclose to us.
An agreement on joint responsibility pursuant to Art. 26 DSGVO has been concluded between Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences and Xing Events GmbH or New Work SE (hereinafter referred to as "XING"), according to which XING is solely responsible for the technical and organizational data protection measures relating to the technical operation of the platform, there is joint responsibility with regard to the processing of participants' data, and Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences is responsible for any importing of participants' data, the selection and sending of advertising or information, and the collection and processing of additional fields during participant registration. Data subjects can contact both FH Vorarlberg and XING to exercise their data subject rights. Further information on data processing by Xing Events can be found at https://privacy.xing.com/de/datenschutzerklaerung.
EXPO-IP license: The trade fair will be held by means of a license from EXPO-IP GmbH, Robert-Bosch-Str. 7, 64293 Darmstadt, Germany. The following data will be collected:
Exhibitors: Address data, authentication data, contact person data, usage data, e.g. log files, master data, registration and system access data, company master data.
Visitors: NameAddress data, authentication data, usage data, e.g. log files, registration and system access data.
Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences has concluded a commissioned processing agreement with EXPO-IP GmbH pursuant to Art. 28 DSGVO.
Registration on the EXPO-IP website
(1) If you wish to register on the EXPO-IP website, you must register by entering your e-mail address, a password of your choice and a user name of your choice. You are not required to use a clear name; pseudonymous use is possible. We use the so-called double-opt-in procedure for registration, i.e. your registration is only completed once you have confirmed your registration by clicking on the link contained in a confirmation e-mail sent to you for this purpose. The provision of the aforementioned data is mandatory, all other information you can provide voluntarily by using our portal.
(2) If you use the registration on the website, we store your data required for the fulfillment of the contract, including information on the method of payment, until you finally delete your access. Furthermore, we store the voluntary data you provide for the duration of your use of the portal, unless you delete it beforehand. You can manage and change all information in the protected customer area. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO.
(3) By registering on the website of the controller, the IP address assigned by the Internet service provider (ISP) of the data subject, the date and the time of registration are also stored. The storage of this data takes place against the background that only in this way can the misuse of our services be prevented and, if necessary, this data makes it possible to clarify criminal acts committed. In this respect, the storage of this data is necessary for the protection of the data controller. As a matter of principle, this data is not passed on to third parties unless there is a legal obligation to pass it on or the passing on serves the purpose of criminal prosecution.
(4) To prevent unauthorized access by third parties to your personal data, in particular financial data, the connection is encrypted using SSL/TLS technology.
Use of ajax.googleapis.com and jQuery
(1) Ajax and jQuery technologies are used on the EXPO-IP site, which optimizes loading speeds. In this regard, program libraries are called from Google servers. Google's CDN (content delivery network) is used. If you have previously used jQuery on another page from the Google CDN, your browser will fall back to the cached copy. If this is not the case, this will require a download, whereby data from your browser will be sent to Google!Inc. ("Google"). Your data will be transferred to the USA. You can find out more on the pages of the providers.
(2) The legal basis for the processing of your data is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DS-GVO.
Further information on data protection at EXPO-IP GmbH can be found at https://www.expo-ip.com/datenschutzhinweis/ and at https://www.expo-ip.com/vertrags-und-datenschutz-dokumente/.
Use of Live Chat "Tawk.to":
Within the scope of the virtual trade fair, the use of Tawk.to (live chat software of tawk.to inc., 187 East Warm Springs Rd, SB298, Las Vegas, NV, 89119. This is a company in a third country) is optionally offered. The FH Vorarlberg has contractually concluded the EU standard contractual clauses for this purpose.
The chat is integrated in the EXPO-IP site. By using the chat, you automatically use the services of Tawk.to. The following types of data are used: Chat history, IP address at the time of the chat and country of origin. This data is used to enable the proper functioning of the chat and for internal statistics. As a matter of principle, this data is not passed on to third parties, unless there is a legal obligation to pass it on or the passing on serves law enforcement purposes.
The data in the chat will be deleted after the end of the contractual period of the virtual trade fair.
For exhibitors, the legal basis for processing is the fulfillment of the contract; for visitors, the legal basis results from their consent to this use of data through their use.
Use of eTracker:
The data processed by us will be deleted or restricted in its processing in accordance with Articles 17 and 18 DSGVO. Unless expressly stated within the scope of this data protection declaration, the data stored by us will be deleted as soon as it is no longer required for its intended purpose and the deletion does not conflict with any statutory retention obligations.
Personal data will generally be deleted within 13 months from the end of the virtual trade fair, unless further storage is necessary due to legal requirements (e.g. retention obligation pursuant to BAO) or for the assertion or defense of legal claims. In this case, the personal data will be stored in accordance with the statutory provisions or for the period in which FH Vorarlberg has a legitimate interest in the data.
Your data protection rights according to the GDPR:
We kindly wish to note that within the scope provided for under the law, you have the right to information, correction, deletion and restriction of the processing and the right to object to the processing of your personal data. If you have any queries or requests in connection with this, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the processing is carried out on the basis of consent, you can withdraw this at any time by emailing email@example.com. If the processing is carried out on the basis of the justified interests of the Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences, you can make a justified objection to this. This does not affect the legality of the data processing carried out up to the point of the withdrawal or objection.
If you believe that unlawful data processing is being carried out, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to complain to the Austrian Data Protection Authority as the competent supervisory authority.
Responsible for data processing:
Fachhochschule Vorarlberg GmbH, Campus V
Hochschulstraße 1, 6850 Dornbirn
email@example.com, +43 5572 792-0
Data Protection Officer contact:firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or concerns about data protection at the Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences, our internal contact would be happy to help. You can contact them via email on email@example.com. Further information on data protection can be found at https://www.fhv.at/datenschutz/.
This text is published in German and English. In case of ambiguities or disputes the German version shall be binding.