Mission statement of the Energy Research Center
- We are part of Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences:
As a research center at Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences, we help to reach the goals of the University with our effort in science and teaching.
- We are an esteemed energy research institute in Austria:
We develop solutions in energy technology, which are nationally and internationally in demand. Thereby, we contribute to the “Energieautonomie Vorarlberg 2050” and support industrial partners in their research and development tasks.
- We are an internationally visible research center:
We conduct research with the goal of a sustainable energy future and we aim to be internationally visible in specific research fields. To that end, we collaborate with international research institutes.
- We justify the trust placed in us:
By using our resources in a responsible manner, we justify the trust of our founder, our partners and the public authority.
- We see our teaching mission manifold:
We support our students so that they can acquire not only the technical knowledge but also the critical thinking that is necessary to be successful and constructive in a versatile energy sector.
- We work as a heterogeneous team:
In our team, we unite people with different scientific and cultural background, different methods and ways of thinking. We value diversity and create original and exceptional ideas and solutions together.
- We communicate our scientific findings:
We publish our scientific work in internationally renowned journals and discuss our ideas with experts on conferences.
- We shape the energy future:
We conduct intensive research on seminal technologies and develop implementable short-term solutions at the same time.
- We cultivate a cooperative and open working atmosphere.
- We allow the necessary time for deep scientific work.
- We enjoy our work and our topics inspire us.
- We develop ourselves personally and as a team by critical reflection.
- We respond flexible on arising new challenges.
- We assess our knowledge realistically.
- We aim for highest quality for ourselves and, thereby, for our partners.
- We rate ourselves based on our performance instead of our working hours.
- We enjoy our leisure time and, consequently, gain new energy for our work.