Course offer in English
Bachelor Computer Science
Choose between Software and Information Engineering or Digital Innovation courses and gain the expertise to decode buzzwords like cloud computing, big data, and collective intelligence, building bridges between cutting-edge software and human users in a dynamically growing professional field.
Key data of the semesters taught in English
English course offer in
|semester 5||semester 6|
|Mode of study||
September - December
|March - June|
*Within the the part-time Digital Innovation Bachelor's programme teaching takes place from Monday to Wednesday between 1.10 p.m. - 9.25 p.m.
Prerequisites for incoming students
- Exchange students who wish to enrol in 5th or 6th semester classes need to demonstrate detailed knowledge and understanding of software engineering. They should, for example, have taken courses in algorithms, an object-oriented programming language (Java, C# or C++), databases and web technologies.
- English at least Level B2.
Course offer Computer Science - Software and Information Engineering
Autumn (winter) semester 2023
- Advanced Data Management (5 ECTS)
- dotNet (5 ECTS)
- Computergraphics (5 ECTS)
- Moible Application Development (5 ECTS)
- React Web Applications (5 ECTS)
- Project RaspberryPi (5 ECTS)
- DevOps (5 ECTS)
- Competition (5 ECTS)
Incoming students interested in writing a thesis are most welcome to do so. We are happy to clarify thesis topics and nominate thesis supervisors during the application process.
- Bachelor's Thesis (6 ECTS)
We particularly encourage incoming students to sign up for the seminar focussing on intercultural communication in order to foster and promote exchange between local and incoming students.
- Intercultural Communication (3 ECTS)
German Language Courses
These courses are scheduled weekly and run over the full semester. They can be combined with all of the other courses. It is only possible to select one German course.
- German Basic (3 ECTS)
- German Basic Fast Track (3 ECTS)
- German Intermediate (3 ECTS)
- German Advanced (3 ECTS)
- German for Business (3 ECTS)
Course offer Computer Science - Digital Innovation
Spring (summer) semester 2024
Within the the part-time Digital Innovation Bachelor's programme teaching takes place from Monday to Wednesday between 1.10 p.m. - 9.25 p.m.
The below mentioned courses will only take place with a minimum number of 9 participants. Timtable overlaps with other elective courses cannot be ruled out. In case the course is cancelled or has timetable overlaps, registered students have the chance to change their course selection after arrival.
Computer Sciences Elective Courses
- Elective: Alternative User Interfaces* (5 ECTS)
- Elective: Artificial Intelligence* (5 ECTS)
- Elective: Cryptological Application* (5 ECTS)
- Elective: Application Developement SAP ERP* (5 ECTS)
- Elective: Low Code Development* (5 ECTS)
Innovation Elective Seminars
- Elective Seminar: Trends in Business Process Management* (3 ECTS)
- Elective Seminar: Market Modeling* (3 ECTS)
- Elective Seminar: Hackathon* (3 ECTS)
- Elective Seminar: Advanced Concepts in Data Management* (3 ECTS)
German Language and Austrian Culture Courses
These courses are scheduled weekly and run over the full semester. It is only possible to select one German course.
During spring/summer semester 2024 the German courses are available for all exchange students. Because of scheduling conflicts students attending the Computer Sciences - Digital Innovation Bachelor (IDI) programme cannot chose the German courses. However, alternatively the course Exploring Austrian Culture and Values is open to IDI students. Students from other programmes can only register for Exploring Ausrian Culture and Values based on availability and if there are no timetable conflicts.