You like to think "outside the box" and are always looking for new ways to accomplish this? Then the bachelor's degree in InterMedia at the FHV is the right place for you!
During the six semesters of your studies, you will deal with complex problems in a profound and scientifically sound way. In the process, you'll sharpen your analytical thinking, develop innovative ideas, and experiment with forms of media expression.
Intermedia design competencies result from a good mix of conceptual, design and media technology qualifications and the ability to develop sustainable solutions for complex tasks.
After the well-founded one-year basic studies, you set individual focal points through electives and specialisations. As a graduate of the bachelor's degree in InterMedia, you will have a broad knowledge base coupled with a wide range of methodological skills, making you ideally qualified to work in interdisciplinary teams. Communicative solutions are in demand across borders. A variety of occupations and fields of activity are open to you.
Depending on individual interests and specializations, our graduates have access to a wide range of careers and fields of activity. You work interdisciplinary and intermedial in teams and bring your conceptual skills to solve communicative tasks. You are able to expand your knowledge quickly. You are aware of new developments and requirements and deal with them professionally.
Typical fields of activity include:
- Design media formats & content: Transmedia content and format conception and creation
- Designing Spaces: Multimodal Space Design
- Designing Access and Interfaces: User Interface & Interaction Design, User Experience Design, Internet of Things, Inclusive Design
- Designing Systems: System Design, Sustainable Design
Access to further studies
The academic degree "Bachelor of Arts in Arts and Design, BA" allows you to pursue further master's studies at a university of applied sciences or university at home and abroad. At the FHV, we offer the advanced master's degree in InterMedia for specialization. This can be followed by doctoral or PhD studies at a university.
Why study InterMedia at the FHV?
Six semesters full of the desire to create
You design your individual learning path with your own choice of subject combinations. You can either specialize in a particular subject or take a generalist approach. The flexible structure of the program allows you to set your own individual focus. In this way, you develop your own profile and increase your job opportunities. In a professional practical training you will deepen your knowledge and skills.
These are your advantages:
- Strongly linking theory and practice, thinking and doing
- Small groups: intensive and personal supervision
- Broad knowledge base (related sciences) combined with design-specific knowledge & skills
- An innovative teaching concept that combines project-based instruction with a diverse range of delivery formats in terms of content
- Close contact with cooperation partners in culture & Business and Management
- International exchange: expand your English skills and collaboration strategies by spending a semester abroad at a partner university, participating in international collaborative projects and sharing experiences with international guests
- Clear time frame, clear structure and yet individual opportunities
- Modern university campus, good infrastructure, well-equipped design laboratories and library
Voices about the study
"My semester abroad in Australia is a full adventure".
21-year-old InterMedia student Joana Mahle is quenching her thirst for discovery and curiosity during her semester abroad in Australia. Gathering new experiences, networking and taking advantage of international opportunities are all part of her study plan.
Joana Mahla, Bachelor student InterMedia