Environment and Engineering
Thinking about the environment when developing technology.
Designing products to be recyclable instead of producing waste. Optimizing production processes and saving energy and resources. That's the future you want to actively design?
The interdisciplinary bachelor's degree programme Environment and Engineering gives you the skills for current challenges: from Circular Economy to technical environmental protection to measures for more sustainability.
The program combines environmental engineering with resource management and focuses on resource efficiency of companies and their processes. Graduates are sought-after experts for future jobs in the environmental industry.
The transformation to a green Business and Management and the expansion of renewable energy systems are both economic and job drivers in Austria and worldwide. The dynamic development of the environmental economy and requirements such as the Paris Climate Agreement or the EU's Green Deal ensure that experts are in urgent demand now and in the future.
After completing your studies, you will have access to numerous professional fields of activity:
- Operation, maintenance and optimization of technical plants
- Environmental management and working with environmental information systems
- Product engineering and product management
- Sovereign tasks of inspection and approval
- Environmental consulting for companies, politics and administration
- Companies and public institutions from a wide range of sectors offer you promising jobs:
- Production companies
- Administration of local and regional authorities
- Engineering firms
- Public utility and waste management companies
- Associations and environmental organizations
Access to further studies
The academic degree "Bachelor of Science in Engineering, BSc" gives you access to further master's studies at a university of applied sciences or university in Switzerland or abroad. At the FHV, we offer master's degree programmes in Sustainable Energy Systems, Mechatronics, Computer Science and Business Administration. Building on this, a doctorate or PhD program at a university is possible.
Why study Environment & Technology at the FHV?
Interdisciplinary and practical
Benefit from the knowledge and experience of the lecturers in courses and exercises. Put your skills to the test in the laboratory. Work together with your fellow students in projects on real-life tasks.
Good to know: The environmental workshop offers you the chance to specialize in the 5th semester.
These are your advantages:
- Individual support at the beginning of your studies to consolidate your STEM knowledge
- Strong network with companies and research centres
- Own practical experience through professional practical training
- Modern campus, top facilities
- Free access to technical laboratories seven days a week
- Lecturer:s from top companies in the industry
- Small groups: high practical relevance, personal supervision, lively exchange
- Clear time frame, clear structure
- Semester abroad possible worldwide
Voices about the study
Making the world a better place"
Environmental protection and recycling has always been an important topic for Chukwunonye "Nonye" Okolo from Lochau, who is studying environment and engineering at the FHV. His goal is to use the knowledge he has acquired to change the world
Chukwunonye "Nonye" Okolo, Bachelor student Environment and Engineering