Teaching Excellence & Lifelong Learning
At the interface of learning and teaching, the TELL-Center supports the FHV degree programmes, lecturers and students with didactics, digital and methodological approaches.
During their studies, students prepare for their professional future. In addition to technical skills, personal competences and future skills are increasingly in demand in our new worlds of employment.
Lecturers therefore have a key role to play. In addition to subject expertise, they teach students to see changes in perspectives, the ability to reflect, a spirit of research and flexibility. This requires methods that motivate and give a sense of fulfilment, so that all participants can enjoy learning and teaching throughout their lives.
University didactics support
- Consulting for course and curriculum development
- Individual consulting for lecturers and degree programmes
- Guidance and support for collegial observation
Support for digital teaching
- Maintenance and support of the learning platform ILIAS
- Support for the use of digital elements in teaching
- Consulting for blended learning concepts
- Guidance and support for online examinations
Continuing education at FHV
- Competency-oriented and advanced training courses for employees
- Planned development of future skills offers for students to complement their studies
Research & Evaluation
- Which Future & Advanced Skills do we need and how do we teach them?
- Effectiveness of didactic methods in terms of gaining competence and satisfaction
- Effectiveness and fields of application for digital methods to support teaching and self-study
Learning and teaching at FHV is based on a didactic concept which is based on "8 dimensions of good teaching and learning". Students are at the center of our didactic methods and approaches. The focus is on problem- and application-oriented learning. Our core competencies are in these areas:
- Laboratory exercises in the FHV laboratories
- Practical projects with companies and organizations from the region
- Game and simulation methods with more than 50 simulation games
- Application of design thinking (efforts towards a design factory)
- Trying out new innovative and digital learning formats through blended learning and flipped classroom approaches
- European University RUN-EU
Within the framework of the RUN-European University, there is a constant exchange with other European universities. Students have the opportunity to gain experience in internationally cross-linked projects and to acquire future skills. Lecturers, on the other hand, work together in regular workshops to develop learning and teaching scenarios for the future.
- Xiberger eLearning network meetings
Regular meetings are held between FHV and companies and organizations in the region to discuss learning with digital media and to learn from each other.