Specific admission requirements to the degree programme
The bachelor's degree in Health Care and Nursing at the FHV is a university program and requires the following qualifications or aptitudes:
General university entrance qualification:
- Austrian matriculation certificate or vocational matriculation certificate or
- equivalent university entrance qualification certificate or
- equivalent foreign certificate (e.g. Abitur) or
- Certificate of completion of at least three years of study at a recognised domestic or foreign post-secondary educational institution or
Specialized professional qualification:
- Completed Austrian apprenticeship or vocational secondary school and their international equivalents with additional examinations at the FHV in German, English 2, Mathematics 1 or
- Completed nursing or nursing assistant training with additional examinations at the FHV in German, English 2, Mathematics 1 or
- German Fachhochschulreife as well as Swiss Berufsmaturität need the additional exams at the FHV in English 2, mathematics 1.
The decision on the relevance of professional qualifications for the bachelor's degree programme Health Care and Nursing is the responsibility of the programme director in individual cases.
Knowledge of German and English at level B2 (Matura level) of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Languages) is a basic requirement for admission to the degree programme.
Recognition of previous academic achievement
Special Regulations: Previous academic achievements can be credited individually in individual courses during your studies. This also applies to academic achievements that you have already recognized at a college or university. The equivalence of the acquired knowledge with the requirement profile in terms of content and scope of the courses to be waived will be examined upon your application. If equivalence is determined, positively completed examinations will be recognised. A knowledge check is not planned in these cases. You will receive details in a conversation with the programme director.