Computer Science - Software and Information Engineering
Cloud computing, open source, agile processes, big data, collective intelligence... These buzzwords from the world of information systems and networks are part of our daily lives.
Would you like to understand what actually lies behind them and what a dynamically growing professional field awaits Computer Science graduates?
In the Computer Science - Software and Information Engineering degree programme at the FHV, you will learn the necessary skills to design software for the broad field of information systems.
You build bridges between the computer tool and the human user.
Software and information engineers are highly sought-after specialists, both regionally and internationally, and across all industries. Most of our graduates already have a job commitment upon graduation. The professional fields of activity can be subdivided into four different tasks:
- Software development (Development): Quality-assured, test-driven software development, agile software project management and evaluation of software, software product management, adaptation (customizing) of standard software
- Operation of IT systems (Operations): selection and commissioning of execution environments, system and network administration, development and implementation of information management strategies, development and implementation of IT and security strategies, IT purchasing
- DevOps: Use of DevOps tools, taking responsibility in software development processes
- Consulting and Training: sales, IT business and organizational consulting, education and training, research associate
Access to further studies
The academic degree "Bachelor of Science in Engineering, BSc" gives you access to further master's studies at a university of applied sciences or university in Switzerland or abroad. At the FHV we offer the Master's degree in Computer Science, which opens up further professional and scientific perspectives for you.
Building on this, a doctorate or PhD program at a university is possible.
Why study Computer Science at the FHV?
The Bachelor's degree in Computer Science convinces with innovative learning content, a modern learning environment and a high practical relevance.
These are your advantages:
- Modern campus, top equipment
- Free access to technical laboratories seven days a week, including for your own projects
- Teachers from top companies in the industry
- Professional practical training for specialisation in practice and science
- Small groups: high practical relevance, personal supervision, lively exchange
- Clear time frame, clear structure
- Semester abroad possible worldwide
You want a personal consultation? We are happy to answer your questions!
|Monday to Thursday||9:00 - 11:30 am|
or individual appointment