Specific admission requirements to the degree programme
The InterMedia bachelor's degree programme at the FHV is a graduate degree programme and requires the following qualifications or credentials:
General university entrance qualification:
- Austrian matriculation certificate or vocational matriculation certificate or
- equivalent university entrance qualification certificate or
- equivalent foreign certificate (e.g. Abitur) or
- Certificate of completion of at least three years of study at a recognised domestic or foreign post-secondary educational institution or
Specialized professional qualification:
- Completed relevant apprenticeship with additional exams for InterMedia or
- Completion of a relevant vocational secondary school with additional examinations for InterMedia or
- German Fachhochschulreife (subject-relevant) as well as Swiss Berufsmaturität need the additional exams for InterMedia.
Knowledge of German and English at level B2 (Matura level) of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Languages) is a basic requirement for admission to the degree programme.
- Design and conceptual talent
- It is advantageous if you have already been able to gain relevant experience in the design field before taking up your studies or can prove that you have prepared for your studies.
- A professional time period (apprenticeship, work placement, job) in the design field or a relevant oriented school degree improves the chances in the admission process.
Recognition of previous academic achievement
Special regulations: Previous academic achievements can be credited to you individually in individual courses during your studies. You will receive details about this in a conversation with the programme director.