Specific admission requirements to the degree programme
General university entrance qualification:
- Austrian matriculation certificate or vocational matriculation certificate or
- equivalent university entrance qualification certificate or
- equivalent foreign certificate (e.g. Abitur) or
- Certificate of completion of at least three years of study at a recognised domestic or foreign post-secondary educational institution or
Specialized professional qualification:
- Completed relevant apprenticeship with additional exams for Social Work or
- Completion of a relevant vocational secondary school with additional examinations for Social Work
- German Fachhochschulreife (subject-relevant) as well as Swiss Berufsmaturität require the additional exams for Social Work.
Relevant practice in the social fields of action (eg in the context of a voluntary social year) or other prior professional experience before taking up the studies are an advantage.
Knowledge of German and English at level B2 (Matura level) of the CEFR (Common European Language Framework) is a basic requirement for admission to the degree programme.
Recognition of previous academic achievement
Special Regulations: Previous academic achievements can be credited individually in individual courses during your studies. This also applies to academic achievements that you have already recognized at a college or university. The equivalence of the acquired knowledge with the requirement profile in terms of content and scope of the courses to be waived will be examined upon your application. If equivalence is determined, positively completed examinations will be recognised. A knowledge check is not planned in these cases. You will receive details in a conversation with the programme director.