Specific admission requirements to the degree programme
The master's degree in mechatronics requires the following qualifications or aptitudes:
- Completion of a relevant bachelor's or diploma program in Mechatronics or
- Completion of a bachelor's degree in one of the traditional engineering disciplines (such as Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering)
The course of study must have been completed to the extent of at least six semesters and 180 ECTS at a recognised domestic or foreign post-secondary educational institution for which admission requires the general university entrance qualification and which is recognised as a post-secondary educational institution on the basis of the legislation of the state in which it is located.
The relevant basic studies or equivalent studies should include at least the following areas:
- Higher mathematics (15 ECTS)
- Physics, mechanics, thermodynamics (15 ECTS)
- Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Control Engineering (60 ECTS)
- Computer Science (10 ECTS)
The decision on the subject relevance or equivalence and thus on the admission to the admission lies with the programme director.
Proof of German and English language at level B2 of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Languages).
Recognition of previous academic achievement
Special Regulations: Verified course work completed in master degree programmes at colleges and universities may be credited for individual courses on an individual basis. The decision on recognition rests with the programme director, after consultation with the relevant teacher.