Application and Admission
Take the first step now!
We look forward to receiving your application! Don't hesitate to contact us at any time with questions about your admission to the program or the application process.
The following documents are required for your complete application:
- Online form within the online application
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae in tabular format
- Testimonials (high school diploma or equivalent)
- Proof of relevant work experience
- Passport or identity card
- Current portrait photo
The application deadline for starting in the respective winter semester is May 15!
Applications for studies at the FHV are possible via the online application
If you are still missing certificates or exam results until the application deadline on May 15, these can be submitted later.
Important for third countries (non-EU/non-EEA):
As an applicant from a third country (non-EU or non-EEA), the March 1 is the application deadline for you. The reason for this is that it sometimes takes longer until international documents can be checked or lead times are necessary for applying for a visa or residence permit.
Professional experience for the bachelor's degree in Social Work
In the Social Work bachelor's programme, your previous professional experience, among other things, is considered as part of the admission process. The following activities are considered "professional experience". As proof, you upload relevant documents such as employer reference letters in the online application.
- Voluntary social year
- Community service
- A relevant work placement (within a social organization) of at least 6 months
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience (within the framework of a social organization and/or social work activities)
- At least 2 years of professional experience (related) in another professional field
- Indicate activities such as volunteer work, child care, care of relatives, etc. in the resume. No supporting documents required
Only upload supporting documents to the online application that correspond to one or more of these categories. Other occupations and studies are specifically not allowed and will not be considered.
Earlier application = Earlier rank test participation!
With your application up to March 1, you can choose from ranking test dates in March and May. If your application arrives after March 1, you will take the placement test in May (unless there are still places available in March). For best date selection, it pays to apply early!
After your application has been received and examined, you will receive an email about the admission procedure.
The allocation of study places is based on the following criteria:
- Consideration of the eligibility requirements
- Evaluation of formal correctness and completeness of the submitted documents
- Consideration of relevant previous professional experience
- Evaluation of a written ranking test
- Results of a face-to-face, structured interview
- Placement on the ranking list of applicants
Weighing in the admission process
- Completeness of submitted documents (10%)
- Professional experience (60%)
- Evaluation of study ability by electronic ranking test (30%)
- Results from a face-to-face interview (50%)
- Results from stage 1 (50%)