Application and Admission
Take the first step now!
We look forward to receiving your application! Don't hesitate to contact us at any time with questions about your admission to the program or the application process.
The following documents are required for your complete application:
- Online form within the online application- please list in the menu item professional experience all your previous professional stations of the last five years (as long as they cover a period of at least 6 months - see paragraph "Evaluation of professional experience in the admission procedure")
- Motivation cover letter
- Curriculum vitae in tabular format: Documentation of your professional experience during the last five years of your life in tabular format - including information on areas of responsibility in the position in question, as well as the percentage of employment
- Certificates (high school diploma, bachelor's/master's/diploma examination certificate or diploma certificate, transcript of records-performance overview)
- Documents of all work experience cited in the curriculum vitae in tabular format (merged into one pdf file)
- Passport or identity card
- Current portrait photo
The application deadline for starting in the respective winter semester is May 15!
Applications for studies at the FHV are possible via the online application
In the course of your application, you decide on one of the two majors. This choice can be rediscussed in the course of the admission process.
If you are still missing certificates or exam results by the application deadline on May 15, these can be submitted at a later date.
As an applicant from a third country (non-EU or non-EEA), the March 1 is the application deadline for you. The reason for this is that it sometimes takes longer until international documents can be checked or lead times are necessary for the application of a visa or a residence permit.
After receiving and examining your application, we will invite you to an interview. In order to ensure a transparent admission process, the allocation of places for both majors is based on the following criteria:
Stage 1 (40%)
Consideration of eligibility requirements
- Evaluation of the submitted documents
- Ranking of all applicants based on analysis of work experience as a basis for Stage 2. In the evaluation of work experience, preference will be given to relevant social work activities.
Stage 2 (60%)
- In a multimodal individual interview (on-site or virtual), you will be asked questions about your personality and motivation to study, as well as a professional discourse. You will receive a professional article or a subject-related assignment in preparation. Details will be given to you in due time.
- Dates (You will be invited to the interviews by e-mail. Interview duration: 45 min):
Interviews for applications until March 1: February and March
Interviews for applications until May 15: April, May and June
The final ranking of applicants will determine whether you will be accepted into the degree programme.
Evaluation of work experience in the admission process:
In the admission procedure for this master's degree programme, previous professional experience is taken into account. The following are recognised as "professional experience"
- relevant studies in Social Work (bachelor's or diploma degree),
- relevant professional activities with qualification of at least six months,
- professional activities within an area of Social Work without qualification of at least six months as well as
- professional activities of at least six months, child-rearing periods or care periods of relatives.
The last five years of life are taken into account. The professional activity must include at least a period of 6 months. A professional experience longer than five years ago will not be considered and is not to be indicated in the online application.
For work experience analysis, document your work experience directly in the online application and create a curriculum vitae in tabular format covering the last five years of work, listing the exact details of the field of work of each position, time period and scope of work (employment percentage) . All activities that you indicate in the resume must be documented by uploading them in the online application e.g. for example, in the form of employer reference letters, certificates. Only proven work experience will be awarded points.
Not recognized as "professional experience":
- shorter periods of employment (of less than six consecutive months),
- other studies,
- compulsory internships that were completed as part of school-based training or in basic studies.