Specific admission requirements to the degree programme
The bachelor's degree in Engineering and Management at the FHV is a university program and requires the following qualifications or aptitudes:
General university entrance qualification:
- Austrian matriculation certificate or vocational matriculation certificate or
- equivalent university entrance qualification certificate or
- equivalent foreign certificate (e.g. Abitur) or
- Certificate of completion of at least three years of study at a recognised domestic or foreign post-secondary educational institution or
Specialized professional qualification:
- Completed relevant apprenticeship with additional exams for Engineering and Management or
- Completion of a relevant vocational secondary school with additional examinations for Industrial Engineering and Management or
- German Fachhochschulreife (subject-relevant) as well as Swiss Berufsmaturität require the additional exams for Industrial Engineering and Management.
Knowledge of German and English at level B2 (Matura level) of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Languages) is a basic requirement for admission to the degree programme.
The degree programme WING is aimed at
- Applicants with an initial technical education and relevant work experience.
- Applicants without previous technical training. If you have little or no prior technical knowledge, we recommend the innovative compact course Q4Tech - Qualifying for Technics to prepare you ideally for your studies. Attending the compact course can be positively considered in the admission process when evaluating your motivation to study.
- Applicants without work experience. You can opt for the dual study model.