The dual study model
Dual = twice as good
The Industrial Engineering and Management Dual program combines a university education with practical vocational training in a company. Semester dates and company practical phases alternate. This allows you to apply your theoretical knowledge directly in the company and gain professional experience. We have been working successfully for many years with our practical partners from the region and are closely coordinated with these companies.
The course of study lasts six semesters. Lectures take place from mid-September to early July. Typically, you'll be at the FHV on Fridays and Saturdays. Dual and part-time students meet in the courses and benefit from mutual exchange. During the practical phase, you will spend about three working days a week at your training company.
The normal weekly working hours are 18 to 20 hours. The extent of employment should be about 50%. In the lecture-free months, you can make flexible arrangements with the company and increase your number of hours.
These are your advantages:
You transfer your new knowledge into daily professional practice - as well as with a practical thesis.
You are socially secured by a fixed basic income in the training company.
- You have planning security: course times are optimally scheduled.
- Discover other cultures, through a stay abroad in the 4th semester - possible worldwide.
- Profit from lived team spirit in the study.
- Networking with other working students
- Coaching for you by training officers and lecturers
- Study programme structure and curriculum are aligned with the study model
- No tuition fees
- You have the prospect of concrete takeover in the company after graduation.
A study for practice-oriented
Who wants to expand its knowledge, learn new things and at the same time put all this into practice, is right here. A dual study program is particularly interesting for:
Maturant who plan to start a career and study at the same time and want to be financially independent.
- High potentials and junior staff in companies who want to study in parallel.
- International companies that want to bring junior staff to headquarters and enable them to study.
- graduates a technical apprenticeship, who want to further qualify with a degree (with additional exams).
- farther away applicants, for which "work & study" in Vorarlberg is an attractive package.