Specific admission requirements to the degree programme
The Bachelor's degree program in Electronics and Information Technology Dual at the FHV is a university degree program and requires one of the following qualifications or aptitudes:
General university entrance qualification:
- Austrian matriculation examination certificate or vocational matriculation examination certificate or
- equivalent university entrance qualification certificate or
- equivalent foreign certificate (e.g. Abitur) or
- Certificate of completion of at least three years of study at a recognised domestic or foreign post-secondary educational institution
Specialized professional qualification:
- Completed relevant vocational apprenticeship with additional exams for Electronics and Information Technology Dual or
- Completion of a relevant vocational middle school with additional examinations for electronics and information technology dual or
- German Fachhochschulreife (subject-relevant) as well as Swiss Berufsmaturität require the additional exams
Knowledge of German and English at level B2 (Matura level) of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Languages) is a basic requirement for admission to the degree programme.
Recognition of previous academic achievements
Special regulations: As a Maturant:in a vocational higher school (HTL, HLW, HAK,...) individual courses can be credited to you individually during your studies. With a degree from a relevant higher technical school (HTL) it is also possible to enter the 2nd semester - with an excellent Matura and further conditions even the 3rd semester. Details can be obtained in a conversation with the programme director.