Application and Admission
Take the first step now!
We look forward to receiving your application! Don't hesitate to contact us at any time with questions about your admission to the program or the application process.
The following documents are required for your complete online application:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae in tabular format
- Certificates (high school diploma or equivalent)
- Passport or identity card
- Current portrait photo
- Evidence of professional experience
The application deadline for starting in the respective winter semester is August 31!
Applications for studies at the FHV are possible via the online application.
If you are still missing certificates or exam result, they can be submitted later.
Earlier application = Earlier rank test participation!
With your application up to and including March 1, you can choose from ranking test dates in March and May. If your application arrives after March 1, you will take the placement test in May (unless there are still places available in March). For best date selection, it pays to apply early!
Early acceptance is possible depending on the results in the admission process.
After your application has been submitted and examined, you will receive an email about the admission procedure. In order to ensure a transparent admission procedure for the 30 study places, the allocation of study places takes place in the following stages and according to the following criteria:
- Evaluation of the cover letter (35%)
- Weighing of previous professional experience (30%):
Do you have a relevant or a longer work experience, a completed vocational training, a completed degree or relevant education and continuing education, this has a positive impact on your placement. Only professional experience, degrees or education and continuing education verified by uploads in the online application will be awarded points.
The following documents are suitable for proof:
- Interim reference from your current employer or references from past employment. Among other things, these should also describe your duties/activities.
- Description of duties/activities from your employment contract, your company's job plan, or from the last employee interview.
- Certificates of vocational training or previous studies.
- Confirmations of completed relevant training and continuing education.
- Evaluation of study ability by an electronic ranking test (35%)
Conducted in the computer pools on the FHV campus.
If you occupy on the basis of the three evaluation parts one of the places from 1-15, you will receive immediately after the presentation of all results of the stage 1 a written confirmation of a study place and no longer need to participate in stage 2. In stage 2, the 30 applicants with the best rating from the stage 1 are invited to the interview.
- Results of a personal interview (50%):
The remaining top 30 applicants:from stage 1 will be invited for a face-to-face interview (on-site or virtual).
- Results from stage 1 (50%)
- Placement on the ranked list of applicants:
Your interview will be scored and completed with the score results of level 1
If you are ranked within places 16-30, you will now receive a written confirmation of a study place. Unless you receive an acceptance or rejection, you will be ranked on the waiting list and can move up in case of rejection until the beginning of September.
Your enrollment at the FHV will take place during the tutorial at the end of September. Your studies will then begin with a two-day team workshop (weekdays).