Information Services is responsible for the planning, implementation and maintenance of the entire IT infrastructure, telephone system and public audio-visual equipment.
Likewise, Information Services provides support and consultation to users.
Documentation, downloads, support information, etc can be found on the intranet.
- FH Vorarlberg fire protection team
- contact person for security
- support for all building and technical devices at FH Vorarlberg
- looking after external facilities (lawn, garden, parking spaces and underground garage)
- organising and monitoring cleaning service (Campus FH Vorarlberg)
- supporting and using electric and mechanical locking units
- Support at events
- Resource planning
Foreign language skills and intercultural competences are vital qualifications in today's world. This is why internationalisation has a high priority at FHV-Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences. The International Office works together with the degree programmes in designing and implementing strategies for internationalisation at our university.
The main responsibilities of the International Office include:
- Coordination of the international relations of the university
- Establishment and maintenance of a network of partners
- Organisation of stays abroad for outgoing and incoming students
- Organisation of Erasmus+ staff mobility
- Administration of diverse EU programmes to realise mobility activities
- Support for the degree programmes in realising various mobility activities
More information about the International Office and our offers for you can be found here.
Our tasks are oriented towards the information needs of different groups of people:
- Career counselors
- Companies, various cooperation partners and the mediaMarketing measures
- Media and press relations
- Creation of information material
- FHV Community Portal
- Event management
Creating opportunities - shaping the future
A common goal
Employees of the FHV live and work in the heart of Europe in the economically, socially and scenically attractive Lake Constance region with a very high quality of life. In the four-country corner of Austria, Germany, Switzerland and Liechtenstein, global players from industry and successful SMEs are equally at home. A distinctive network of scientific institutions and universities makes Lake Constance a knowledge region. Cultural and touristic highlights enrich the social life, opera at the lake meets skiing in the mountains.
As employees in teaching, research and administration, we have a common goal: to help shape the future of future generations. We share knowledge, train specialists, conduct research with partners throughout Europe and search for practical solutions for the economy and society.
Flexibility and individuality are key values here. Individual work models ensure the compatibility of family and career. Cooperation based on partnership and the personal development of employees are central concerns.
Developing in an exciting and meaningful job, working self-determined in a collegial and appreciative environment, creating and seizing opportunities. If you want that, you've come to the right place. Apply now!
The Quality Management supports the FHV's goal of continuously developing the high and internationally recognized quality of its activities and services. For this purpose, comprehensive external as well as internal measures for quality assurance or quality development are implemented.
Central tasks of the quality management:
- Process control and monitoring by QM-Accreditation of degree programmes
- Further development of degree programmes and establishment and further development of courses for continuing education.
- External audit of quality management
- Participation in international rankings
- Implementation of surveys: Evaluations, surveys, statistics, various reports
- Monitoring of action plans
- Editing of the FH kompakt (information platform for internal employees) incl. management handbook
All degree programmes are accredited by independent experts within the framework of an international procedure. Since the institutional reaccreditation of FBV, the degree programme accreditations prior to 2012 are also considered to be of unlimited duration.
The aim of the external audits is to certify the internal quality management system of FHV. Within the framework of a peer review process, an international and independent team of quality experts examines the achievement of the quality standards. As in previous institutional evaluations, the FHV was again able to achieve an excellent overall result in the external audit.
Rankings can be found for all areas of activity of a university: for teaching, research and continuing education. A ranking is a list of indicators of comparable universities. All degree programmes of FHV participate in the CHE University Ranking.
The accounting department at FHV serves primarily to document commercial activity and to provide information for all organisational units. Our responsibility as a publicly owned private organisation is reflected in the careful manner in which we act.
The areas of activity are:
- bookkeeping and accounting
- cost and activity accounting
- general administration
The Legal Department of FHV is in charge for:
- Co-design of contracts (preparation, review, contract management)
- Examination of international study application documents
- Dealing with legal issues from all areas of law concerning FHV
- Support in the handling of legal procedures and processes
- Assessment of legal risks
- Conducting the ÖH elections, which take place every two years
The position of the data protection officer is currently located in the Legal Department. Edna Fitz has been appointed as data protection officer. The tasks are defined in Art. 39 DSGVO and include at least:
- Informing and advising the controller, processors and employees on data protection issues.
- Monitoring compliance with data protection regulations, raising awareness and training employees.
- Advising in connection with data protection impact assessments and monitoring their implementation.
- Cooperation with the data protection authority
- Cooperation in the handling of inquiries relating to data protection law.
Every year, several thousand people find out about the Bachelor's and Master's degree programmes offered at FHV in the fields of Business Administration, Engineering and Technology, Design, and Social Work and Health. Every spring, more than 1300 of them apply to study at FHV and complete the admission procedure. Some of them do not have a school-leaving certificate, but fulfill the admission requirements for a degree program by passing additional examinations.
The Department of Study Service supports all prospective students and applicants from the first contact with FHV until the beginning of their studies. On the other hand, it is an internal service department that supports the teams of the degree programmes in dealing with these issues.
- Prospective student management and support (communication, information evenings)
- Online application
- Coordination of admission procedures
- Processing of additional examinations
- Study administration
- Data management