Course offer in English
Master Sustainable Energy Systems
Lead the way towards a sustainable energy future for companies and society and gain in-depth knowledge of energy technology, economics, and digitalization.
Key data of the semesters taught in English
|English course offer in||semester 3||semester 4|
|Mode of study||part-time*||part-time*|
|Duration||September - February||February - June|
*Within the the part-time Sustainable Energy Systems Master's programme teaching takes place on Friday and Saturday full day, individual lectures take place during the week evenings. Contextual Studies and specialisation modules from other programmes can also be held on other days of the week.
Courses offered in English
Within the the part-time Sustainable Energy Systems Master's programme teaching takes place on Friday and Saturday full day, individual lectures take place during the week evenings. Contextual Studies and specialisation modules from other programmes can also be held on other days of thor e week.
Autumn/winter semester 2023
Classes in the part-time degree programme Sustainable Energy Systems are mainly held on Fridays and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or in blocked format.
- Energy Markets and Trading (3 ECTS)
- Financing and Economic Viability (3 ECTS)
- Internet of Energy (3 ECTS)
- Seminar Master Thesis (3 ECTS)
- Efficient Systems - Selected Chapters (3 ECTS)
- Project - Efficient Systems (3 ECTS)
- Smart Buildings - Selected Topics (3 ECTS)
- Project - Smart Buildings (3 ECTS)
- Energy Project - Business Plan (6 ECTS)
Optional Courses from other Degree Programmes
- Advanced Finite Element Analysis (6 ECTS)
Bachelor's degree programme Electrical Engineering Dual:
Bachelor's degree programme Mechatronics:
Students can choose up to 6 ECTS from the contextual studies programme, a module offer for master students and alumni of FHV which provides customized courses as part of the master’s degree programmes.
Students who wish to enrol in contextual studies should be aware that these involve interdisciplinary teamwork with fellow students. Therefore, compulsory attendance for most classes is required.
The following contextual studies courses are avaialbe in English language during spring/summer semester 2024.
- Introduction to Financial Markets – Overview (3 ECTS)
- The Digital World: Technology, Society and Ethics (3 ECTS)
- Human Rights in the Professional Context (3 ECTS)
- Disruptive Technologies: Fundamentals, Applications and Opportunities (3 ECTS)
- Writing Lab: Creative Writing (3 ECTS)
- Creating Innovations and Solving Problems with Design Thinking (6 ECTS)
- Introduction to the Social and Solidarity Economy (6 ECTS)
What are Contextual Studies?
German Language and Austrian Culture Courses
These courses are scheduled weekly and run over the full semester. It is only possible to select one German course.
During spring/summer semester 2024 the German courses are available for all exchange students. Because of scheduling conflicts students attending the Computer Sciences - Digital Innovation Bachelor (IDI) programme cannot chose the German courses. However, alternatively the course Exploring Austrian Culture and Values is open to IDI students. Students from other programmes can only register for Exploring Ausrian Culture and Values based on availability and if there are no timetable conflicts.