Terms of Participation competition "Green Travel"
- Organizers of this competition are the International Office of FHV–Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences and EUROPE DIRECT Vorarlberg (ED Vorarlberg).
- The theme of the competition is ‘Green Travel’. The selection of the winning entry in the categories "longest distance travelled in a climate-friendly way", "most unusual type of travel" and "most creative travel report" will be made by a jury at the International Office. FHV and ED Vorarlberg will award an ÖBB travel vouchers worth € 100 in each category. The winners will be notified in writing by e-mail.
- Eligible to participate in the competition are all students of the FHV who are completing a semester abroad, an internship abroad or a short-term mobility, as well as all employees of FHV who are completing a RUN-EU/Erasmus+ stay abroad as part of their work at FHV.
The outgoing travel reports for the winter semester must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 February, those for the summer semester by 31 July. By participating in the competition, the participant declares that he/she owns the unrestricted copyrights and rights of use to the photos/texts/videos used and that the motifs do not conflict with the legal provisions of the country of origin, the European Union or the personal rights of persons depicted. Submissions by letter post or any other means will not be considered. Only one travelogue per participant is permitted.
Participation is free of charge. Transmission or mobile phone costs may, however, be incurred by the participant. There are no hidden follow-up costs.
Participation in another person's name or under a false name is not permitted.
- The prize cannot be paid out in cash, exchanged or transferred to any other person.
- Participation in the competition is possible if
- at least the outward or return journey is made in a climate-friendly manner
- a travel report in digital form is sent to email@example.com by 15. February / 31. July. The form of the report is not specified (text with photo, video, creative contributions, blog ....).
- a short description of the travelled distance as well as the used transportation means has been added.
- After the closing date, all submitted reports will be evaluated by a jury in the International Office and one winner will be selected in each of the three categories. There will be no legal recourse with regard to the determination of the winners.
- The winners of the three categories will be contacted by e-mail. Entitlement to the prize arises exclusively upon receipt of the prize notification.
- FHV and ED Vorarlberg reserve the right to delete submissions that grossly deviate from the subject specifications. No notification will be given that an image has been deleted.
By participating in the competition and submitting the entry, the participant grants FHV and ED Vorarlberg a temporally and spatially unrestricted, non-exclusive right of use free of charge to use the submitted entries, names, degree programme, ... of the participant for PR work. This includes the possibility of publication, reproduction, illustration and distribution for the purpose of self-promotion and self-presentation of FHV, general information on the subject of semesters abroad, internships abroad, short-term mobilities as well as any image processing required for this purpose. This permission includes the use of the submitted contributions for
- presentation in exhibitions
- publication on the Internet and social media
- inclusion in other publications, including publication by third parties in press reports
- the presentation of the services offered by FHV
- use in brochures, presentations and posters.
- Any further commercial use requires the separate consent of the participant.
- By participating, the participant confirms that he/she is the author of the travel report and thus has unrestricted rights of use. He/she further confirms that the contributions sent by him/her are free of third-party rights; in particular, that all identifiable persons depicted agree to the aforementioned uses and that third-party property rights are not infringed by these uses (the report does not contain any protected content such as logos or images of other persons who have not fully consented to the intended use, about which they have been informed). If third parties assert claims such as work usage fees or other claims for damages or injunctive relief due to infringement of their personal rights, copyrights or other exclusive rights, the participant shall indemnify and hold harmless FHV and ED Vorarlberg in this respect, i.e. reimburse the latter for all costs incurred in this connection.
- In connection with the publication of submitted reports, the full name of the author will always be mentioned.
- FHV and ED Vorarlberg reserve the right to exclude participants from the competition if the conditions of participation are violated or if their contributions contain illegal or offensive content or serve commercial purposes.
- No fees or remuneration shall be paid for the publication of photos/videos within the framework of the stated terms of publication.
- A withdrawal of a report from the competition is possible at any time by requesting the deletion of the report in question. Participation in the competition is cancelled as a result. For this purpose, the International Office (+43 5572 792 1200, firstname.lastname@example.org) can be contacted. The deletion of the winning entry cannot be requested.
Should difficulties of interpretation arise, the German text of these Terms of Participation shall be binding.