Double Degree Master of Computer Science at IPCA and FHV
IPCA Instituto Politécnico do Cávado e do Ave, Portugal and FHV-Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences, Austria established a Double Degree Programme in Computer Science in 2023 under the framework of RUN - European University.
This Double Degree Programme is based on mutual recognition of the Master's degree programme in Informatice Engineering at IPCA and the Computer Science Master's degree programme at FHV.
Double Degree Description
- A 2-year MSc Programme (120 ECTS) for Computer Science studende from FHV and Informatics Engineering students from IPCA.
- Based on the Master´s degree programme in Informatics Engineering at IPCA and the Computer Science Master's degree programme at FHV.
- Study at their home university for the first 2 semesters (first year of study) of the MSc programme (60 ECTS). Students interested in the DDP are advised to contact their programme director as early as possible, as subject choices in the first and second semester might be affected by their decision to participate in the DDP!
- Study the 3rd (30 ECTS) and 4th semester at the host university.
- Write their thesis during the 4th semester (30 ECTS). The thesis will be jointly supervised and examined by both universities. Students perform the thesis project with 2 supervisors.
- Students who successfully complete the Double Degree Programme and pass 120 ECTS credits will be awarded the following degrees:
Master in Informatics Engineering from IPCA
Master of Science in Engineering (MSc) from FHV
- The structure and content of the Double Degree will be described in the Diploma Supplement.