Double Degree Master of Mechatronics at IPL and FHV
Politécnico de Leiria, Portugal and FHV - Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences, Austria established a Double Degree Programme in Electrical and Electronic Engineering/Mechatronics in 2022.
This Double Degree Programme is based on mutual recognition between the Master’s Programme Electrical and Electronic Engineering at IPL and the Mechatronics Master's degree programme at FHV.
Double Degree Description
- Study at their home university for the first 2 semesters (first year of study) of the MSc programme (60 ECTS). Students interested in the DDP are advised to contact their programme director as early as possible, as subject choices in the first and second semester might be affected by their decision to participate in the DDP*!
- Study the 3rd (30 ECTS) and 4th semester at the host university.
- The 4th semester, the thesis project semester (30 ECTS), is a joint project semester supervised and examined by both universities. Students perform the thesis project with 2 supervisors.
* Attention FHV students: Before you start your studies, you will need to choose three out of five specialisation tracks. This will determine your subjects for the first three semesters. For being able to participate in this DDP please note that you will be required to opt for the following specialisations:
- Sensor Systems and Actuators
- Production Technology
- Students who successfully complete the Double Degree Programme and pass 120 ECTS credits will be awarded the following degrees:
Master in Electrical and Electronic Engineering - Energy and Automation (MSc) from IPL
Master of Science in Engineering (MSc) from FHV.
- The structure and content of the Double Degree will be described in the Diploma Supplement.