Course offer in English
Master Social Work
Embrace the challenges of diverse social fields, specialize in Clinical Social Work or Social Spatial Work and advance your academic education and expertise to make a meaningful impact in our complex society.
Key data of the semester taught in English
|English course offer in||semester 2 and 4|
|Mode of study||part-time|
|Duration||February - June|
*Within the the part-time Social Work Master's programme teaching takes place on Friday afternoon and evening and Saturday all day. Contextual studies depending on the choice are held on Thursday evening or in block weeks.
Prerequisites for incoming students
- Bachelor's degree from a recognised Higher Education Institution.
- Enrollment in a Master's programme at the time of the exchange semester.
- Master's level knowledge in social work science and applied quantitative and qualitative social research (at least 2 completed semesters of Master studies in Social Work).
- English at least Level B2.
Courses offered in English
Spring (summer) semester 2024
Within the the part-time Social Work Master's programme teaching takes place on Friday afternoon and evening and Saturday all day. Contextual studies depending on the choice are held on Thursday evening or in block weeks.
The possibility to complete a Master's Thesis at FH Vorarlberg depends on the availability of an appropriate topic and thesis supervisor.
Exchange students who are interested in writing their Master's Thesis at FHV should get in contact with the responsible exchange coordinator early on during the application process.
- Master's Thesis (19 ECTS)
Students can choose up to 6 ECTS from the contextual studies programme, a module offer for master students and alumni of FHV which provides customized courses as part of the master’s degree programmes.
Students who wish to enrol in contextual studies should be aware that these involve interdisciplinary teamwork with fellow students. Therefore, compulsory attendance for most classes is required.
The following contextual studies courses are avaialbe in English language during spring/summer semester 2024.
- Introduction to Financial Markets – Overview (3 ECTS)
- The Digital World: Technology, Society and Ethics (3 ECTS)
- Human Rights in the Professional Context (3 ECTS)
- Disruptive Technologies: Fundamentals, Applications and Opportunities (3 ECTS)
- Writing Lab: Creative Writing (3 ECTS)
- Creating Innovations and Solving Problems with Design Thinking (6 ECTS)
- Introduction to the Social and Solidarity Economy (6 ECTS)
What are Contextual Studies?
German Language and Austrian Culture Courses
These courses are scheduled weekly and run over the full semester. It is only possible to select one German course.
During spring/summer semester 2024 the German courses are available for all exchange students. Because of scheduling conflicts students attending the Computer Sciences - Digital Innovation Bachelor (IDI) programme cannot chose the German courses. However, alternatively the course Exploring Austrian Culture and Values is open to IDI students. Students from other programmes can only register for Exploring Ausrian Culture and Values based on availability and if there are no timetable conflicts.