Course offer in English
Master Computer Science
Be ready to master the challenges of digital transformation and shape the future of digitalization, harnessing the power of data and become an entrepreneurial, responsible, and skilled team player, ready to lead complex software projects at an academic level.
Key data of the semesters taught in English
|English course offer in||semester 2||semester 4|
|Mode of study||full-time||full-time|
|Duration||February - July||individual*|
* individual tutoring of Master thesis, no regular lectures
Prerequisites for incoming students
- Bachelor's degree from a recognised Higher Education Institution
- Enrolment in a Master's programme in the home country at the time of the exchange semester
- English at least Level B2
Courses offered in English
Spring (summer) semester 2024
All courses can be combined with each other.
Software Engineering for Computer Systems
- Communication Systems (3 ECTS)
- Domain Specific Software Engineering Processes (3 ECTS)
- Architectures and Security in Distributed Systems (3 ECTS)
Software Engineering for Internet Computing
- Concepts of Advanced Web Architectures and Software Design* (3 ECTS)
- Applied Advanced Web Architectures and Software Design* (3 ECTS)
*The elective "Concepts of Advanced Web Architectures and Software Design" can only be chosen together with the elective "Applied Advanced Web Architectures and Software Design".
Software Engineering for Intelligent Systems
Students can choose up to 6 ECTS from the contextual studies programme, a module offer for master students and alumni of FHV which provides customized courses as part of the master’s degree programmes.
Students who wish to enrol in contextual studies should be aware that these involve interdisciplinary teamwork with fellow students. Therefore, compulsory attendance for most classes is required.
The following contextual studies courses are avaialbe in English language during spring/summer semester 2024.
- Introduction to Financial Markets – Overview (3 ECTS)
- The Digital World: Technology, Society and Ethics (3 ECTS)
- Human Rights in the Professional Context (3 ECTS)
- Disruptive Technologies: Fundamentals, Applications and Opportunities (3 ECTS)
- Writing Lab: Creative Writing (3 ECTS)
- Creating Innovations and Solving Problems with Design Thinking (6 ECTS)
- Introduction to the Social and Solidarity Economy (6 ECTS)
What are Contextual Studies?
German Language and Austrian Culture Courses
These courses are scheduled weekly and run over the full semester. It is only possible to select one German course.
During spring/summer semester 2024 the German courses are available for all exchange students. Because of scheduling conflicts students attending the Computer Sciences - Digital Innovation Bachelor (IDI) programme cannot chose the German courses. However, alternatively the course Exploring Austrian Culture and Values is open to IDI students. Students from other programmes can only register for Exploring Ausrian Culture and Values based on availability and if there are no timetable conflicts.