Department of Business and Management
The Department of Business and Management is an organizational unit and center of excellence of the FHV.
The responsibilities of the department include
- the teaching of the Business Administration degree programmes,
- the cooperation with companies in the region,
- the transfer of technical, social and methodological skills to the region,
- the application-related further development of Business Administration knowledge
The university lecturer of the department teach overlapping competencies also in other degree programmes, especially in the field of methodological and social competencies.
Publications of the Department of Business and Management
An overview and - if available - also the possibility to download the publications of the Department of Business and Management is provided by the library's repository: Opus (Online Publication Server of the FHV)
Collaboration with the companies of the region
Business Administration students and lecturers alike are involved in the region's businesses in a variety of ways
With numerous companies, we have successfully implemented projects in the project workshop, worked on specialisations of companies in bachelor's or master's theses or are on site during company visits in courses.
Namable companies in the region support the further development of Business Administration through their active role in the Advisory Board for Business and Management, in development teams for degree program development, through participation in focus groups, discussion panels, and much more.
As a university of applied sciences, we are especially committed to working with businesses and providing our students with hands-on training for businesses in the region. Our students "understand what makes a company tick."
Colleagues in the Department of Business and Management are engaged in transferring knowledge and experience in a variety of ways
In addition to a commitment to continuing education, this includes part-time consulting activities.
Major areas of activity include:
- Coaching & Mediation,
- Simulation & Gaming,
- Accompaniment of participatory development processes,
- Accompaniment of change processes,
- Questions of market research,
- Coaching in the development of business ideas according to the lean startup method,
- Lectures, for example, on digital transformation, business start-up,
- Design of reflective communications,
- common decision-making,
- and much more
Further development of Business Administration knowledge
Colleagues in the department are sometimes involved in research projects and are authors of various publications.
This includes textbooks, contributions to textbooks and textbooks, articles in journals or contributions to international conferences.
Won insights often flow directly into the instruction. Projects are also repeatedly carried out jointly with colleagues at the FHV's research centres.
A particularly intensive connection exists with the Business Informatics Research Centre.
Colleagues in the Department of Business and Management are members of numerous advocacy groups, professional associations, and committees.
There, on the one hand, they contribute findings from science and establish the university's networking with these associations in cooperative ventures.
For example, students receive scholarships, discounted access to events of the cooperation partners or the cooperation partners support teaching at the FHV through practical contributions, excursions and much more.
Cooperations or memberships exist, among others, with these organizations:
- Federal Association for Logistics BVL, contact Prof. (FH) Betr. oec. Ing. Werner Manahl, M.A.
- CFA Society Liechtenstein, contact Dr. Martin Hebertinger
- Society for Business and Management (GWS), contact person Prof. (FH) Dr. Falko Wilms
- Institute of Management Accountants IMA, contact Dr. Martin Hebertinger
- International Controller Association, contact Prof. (FH) Dr. Markus Ilg
- Logistikum Steyr, contact Dipl. Wirtsch. Ing. Markus Becker
- Network of International Business Schools NIBS, contact person Mag. Dr. Magdalena Meusburger www.nibsweb.org
- Austrian Association for Organization and Management, Contact person Prof. (FH) Dr. Falko Wilms
- Trainertreffen Deutschland e.v.(TT), contact Prof. (FH) Dr. Falko Wilms
The Department of Business and Management organises numerous lectures, discussions and conferences.
With its offerings, the Department of Business and Management aims to be a meeting place, networking platform and discussion forum for people interested in business and economics.