Vision of SET
In 3 country corner DACH the Smart Engineering Labs of the FHV are the point of contact for industry-related and application-oriented research and development from the fields of Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Software Engineering.
- Research unit for the competence area Smart Engineering is established
- University lecturers have regular opportunities to stay up-to-date by participating in industry-related research.
- Master and bachelor students can qualify through employment and theses in industry-related research.
- Application-oriented R&D unit for the competence area Smart Engineering
- Industry-oriented projects from and for industry, tailored to current questions from the technologically driven industry in the Rhine Valley or in the DACH country triangle
- Start with main topics based on existing know-how
- Submission of first research proposals from 2.H 2022
- Cooperations with (local) industry and e.g. the RUN-EU network
- Agile - The way we assemble our research teams within the research group allows us to respond quickly to emerging issues.
- Interdisciplinary - We collaborate with all research labs within the FHV and within our alliance within RUN-EU.
- Disruptive - Sometimes simply giving more space to the unusual leads to entirely new solutions.
- Open - We are open to new developments in Engineering and Technology, especially in the environment of Internet of Things, Cobotics, Industry 4.0, Cyber Security and Data Science & AI.
- Just in Time - In order to keep Europe competitive as a research location, we must also become faster in research, to incorporate new topics into our research portfolio earlier.