Innovative specialisation and elective courses
At the beginning of the 3rd semester, you choose one of the three specialization options
- Automation Engineering
- Electrical Enegrietechnik
- Technical Computer Science / Embedded Systems
In addition, you have the opportunity to individually design another part of your studies to the extent of 12 ECTS over the entire course of study.
To do this, you choose for each semester at the beginning of each previous semester from an extensive elective catalog a course to the extent of mostly 2 ECTS.
If courses have more than 2 ECTS, the surplus can be credited to you in the next semester.
How do you choose your specialisation? And how do you decide which subjects of the elective catalog you want to take?
For electives, your previous education might influence this decision:
- for example, if you come from a non-technical school, you will choose subjects that are more "broad-based" and that will allow you to "catch up."
- Later you will choose what will help you in your partner company to work out solutions to problems - typical in this industry. If you come from a technical school, you will take at the beginning maybe rather subjects that have a specialisation character. Later, the scope of duties in your partner company will also play a role in your choice.
So now also clarifies how you come to your specialisation, which takes place in the 4th and 5th semester. Is your partner company, for example, active in plant engineering, you will tend to the specialisation automation technology. Power engineering? Computer Science? Your decision will also be influenced by typical tasks in your partner company.
And you have almost 3 semesters to find out. That will give you peace of mind. If you then realize that you would like to choose a combination of the 3 specialisations, then we will put together your program together with you and your partner company!
Electives from the fields of
- Applied mathematics
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical Engineering/Electronics
- Computer Engineering
- Power Engineering
- Automation Technology
- Transdisciplinary Competencies
Examples of electives offered:
- Object-oriented programming in C++, C#, Python.
- Human-machine interfaces
- Digital Audio Engineering
- Applied Control Engineering (3 ECTS)
- Applied Numerical Methods (3 ECTS)
- Writing Scientific Papers
- Technology Assessment
- Creative Engineering (3 ECTS)
- German Culture and Communication (3 ECTS)
- Intercultural Awareness
Continuous updating of the offer