The state of Vorarlberg is a showcase for energy topics. The illwerke vkw Endowed Professorship for Energy Efficiency within the energy research center strengthens this pioneering task. We also serve as a key contact for energy research in the state of Vorarlberg.
Our research center energy is subdivided into two research groups that are active in different focus areas:
Material and Energy Technologies
- Energy Storage Technologies: We investigate physicochemical processes for alternative energy storage technologies.
- Solution-Processable Semiconductors: We develop and optimize solution-based semiconductors for optoelectronics and energy conversion.
- Sorption processes: We develop technologies for water treatment and energy recovery based on sorption processes
- Tomography & Simulation: We apply tomography-based simulations as a cross-sectional technology.
Energy Systems and Components
- Autonomous Load Management: We develop autonomous algorithms and devices for load management of energy components.
- Integration of Renewables: We investigate methods to facilitate the integration of renewable energy generation.
- System Dynamics: We investigate the impact of autonomous components on energy systems.
Services and studies
The illwerke vkw Endowed Professorship for Energy Efficiency offers a range of services. Especially tomographic scans and commissioned studies in the field of energy technology and energy efficiency. If you have inquiries about scans or other investigations, please contact the head of the research center, Prof. (FH) Dr.-Ing. Markus Preißinger (email@example.com).