Which competencies does the degree programme provide?
After completing the interdisciplinary bachelor's degree in Environment & Technology, you will have an overall understanding of (operational) environmental & resource management, environmental & process engineering, and product life cycles for greater sustainability in the environmental economy.
What content awaits me specifically?
- Environmental workshop: environmental project, selected environmental technologies, resource management in the company
- Environmental engineering: thermodynamics, process engineering, environmental technologies
- Resource management: environmental assessment, waste management, life cycle analysis
- Natural sciences: mathematics, physics, chemistry, materials science
- Environmental Information Systems: Data management, operational environmental information systems
- Scientific Work: Communication & Presentation, bachelor's thesis
What is special about this degree programme?
- The high practical relevance: External lecturers, including from Business and Management, bring valuable experience to the study. From this you proﬁtier and at the same time can make good contacts for your professional career. In numerous project work and in the professional practical training in the 6th semester in a selected company you prove your knowledge.
- Experience abroad: You have the opportunity to do a semester abroad and expand your horizons. The FHV is European University and has a great international network. Our International Office will support you in planning and implementation.
- Interdisciplinarity: We particularly promote sound knowledge in individual disciplines and interdisciplinary thinking. Only those who think holistically can solve the problems of tomorrow. The focus in environmental technology or environmental management you can choose freely.
Why should I study Environment & Technology at the FHV? What are my prospects after graduation?
Our university is equipped with modern facilities, laboratories are open to you for your own projects 24/7.
Green jobs are future-proof. Many studies confirm a dynamic development in a wide variety of professional fields and across all industries. Experts are also in high demand in the public sector and in international institutions. What's even more important is the fact that you'll be doing a meaningful job that's significant for the future of our planet.
Can I continue my education after the bachelor's degree in?
The master's degree programme in Sustainable Energy Systems at the FHV follows on from the subject areas covered in this degree. Under certain conditions, all master's degree programs in resource management and environmental engineering are open to you.